Sport of Choice: Ultra distance Adventure racer
- 11 COMRADES – BEST SILVER
- OVER 50 STANDARD MARATHONS BEST SUB 3HR
- MANY ULTRAS
- 3X SKYRUNS (HARDEST ULTRA IN SA) BEST 3RD
- 5 X MONT AUX SAUCE – HIGHEST ULTRA IN SA – BEST 1ST VET, 4TH OVERALL
- 11 RHODES MARATHONS – BEST 5TH OVERALL
- BAVIAANS TRAIL RUN
- 2 X KALAHARI 270KM RACE – BEST 4TH
- PERU JUNGLE ULTRA – 3RD (DEFINITELY MY HIGHLIGHT OF MY RUNNING – ALSO AFTER DOUBLE HIP REPLACEMENT)
- WILDRUN TRANSKEI 3 DAY – BEST 4TH
- WILDRUN LESOTHO ULTRA 3 DAY – 4TH
- 3X CAPE EPIC – BEST 7TH IN CATEGORY
- 3X LA RUTA COSTA RICA ON A FATBIKE – (ONE OF HARDEST RACES – VERY MUCH A HIGHLIGHT)
- SNOW EPIC SWITZERLAND
- NUMEROUS MULTI DAY STAGE RACES AND MARATHONS AND ULTRAS – (OFTEN PODIUM IN CAT)
- DESERT DASH – NAMIBIA SOLO AND UNSUPPORTED ON A FATBIKE
- BAVIAANS – BEST 11TH
Get To Know Your Ambassador
Q: When did you start playing sport, and what sports have you played
Have always played Sport. Played provincial Rugby and squash then ran marathons and ultras before progressing to Ultra-endurance events started MTBing in 2010.
Q: What do you love most about your chosen sport?
Riding in new places and visiting countries, being ‘away from it all’ and meeting new people What in your mind has been your greatest accomplishment in sport? Other than results being able to compete at a high level after a Bilateral hip replacement
Q: If you weren’t doing what you do. What other sport would you like to do?
I miss trail running every second of every minute of every day – so would be doing that.
Q: How has nutrition played a role in your sporting life?
Huge – when I started running self-supported ultra-endurance events it became very important to plan as you had to carry food for a week!
Q: What has been the biggest difference since going Keto?
Carrying less – eating less = HUGE advantage
Q: Do you have a race day ritual?
Yes – I make sure I put the same things in the same pockets everytime ie – food in one. Spares in another. Phone in another.
Q: If you could be any sporting icon who would it be?
Kilian journo/Nino Schurter/Greg Minnar (at least am aiming high!!) Where has been your favorite place to visit/compete? Peru/Costa Rica/Alaska
Q: What are you most looking forward to in the next 12 months?
Racing in Mongolia
Q: Which 5 main events will you competing in in the next 12 months and which one have you targeted as an A+?
La Ruta Costa Rica. The Munga. Attakwas. Tankwa Trek. Cape Epic – THE MUNGAA26